Cheap, low calorie, tasty and nutritious!
Serves 2 generous portions or can make 3 smaller portions
Calories per portion if only serving two 238, if serving three 158 calories
Total cost approx £2.00 – £1.00 per portion serving two – £0.66p if serving three.
Chopped onions 200g
Shredded carrot 300g
Steam bag cauliflower rice
Frozen fine cut green beans 200g
Petits pois 200g
Garam Masala 1 tablespoon
- Cook/steam the green vegetables and cauliflower rice ready to add later on in the recipe
- Fry onions until soft
- Add 1 tablespoon of Garam Masala, 2 tablespoons of cold water and mix
- Add the green beans, petitis pois and give a good stir and leave on a low heat for about 5 minutes
- Add the grated carrot and mix well, and then add the cauliflower rice mix and put lid on and leave on a low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once carrot is cooked and soft the Biryani is ready to serve
If you have a healthy appetite and eat meat you can always add a cooked chicken breast chopped up or any meat of your choice, remember this will add calories to the dish
If storing leftovers, place in a microwave container in the fridge and make sure meal is thoroughly heated through when ready to eat. I find kept in the fridge the Biryani is ok up to three days if no meat is added.